Call For Abstracts
Abstract Submission for ESCAP 2019 is now closed!
All Submitters will be informed in time for early bird registration.
Guidelines for Preparation of Abstracts
- Please choose a title that clearly indicates the content of the contribution
- Please avoid abbreviations in the title (exception: scientific terms)
- Abbreviations may be used in the text if they are defined when used first
- Please make sure to use proper English language
- Please refrain from spelling abstract titles and co-authors' names in capital letters
- The author‘s name (full first name, family name) and place of work (institution, city, country) should be indicated in the respective form fields, not in the abstract title
- Degrees, titles, street addresses and acknowledgements of support should be omitted in the abstract title and text
- Encore Abstracts can be submitted, as well.
To provide maximum information in the abstract please:
- state the specific objectives of the study
- state the methods used, if pertinent
- summarise the results obtained
- state the conclusions reached
Please ensure that the abstract does not contain spelling, grammar or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Submitted abstracts will not be edited in any way. If the abstract does not fulfill the necessary requirements it cannot be published.
Speaker / Presenter without registration by February 12, 2019 will not be published and will lose their presentation spot.
Guidelines for Submission of Poster and Oral Presentations
- Abstracts have to be submitted online via Congress Online on the congress website.
- Abstracts can be submitted via the link „Abstract Center" which can be found in the personal congress section “My Congress”. Please choose “Poster” or “Oral Presentation” as presentation type. Duplicate submissions will be deleted.
- Abstracts sent by mail, email or fax will not be accepted.
- Please add co-authors within the correct order.
- The length of the abstract text should not exceed 250 words.
- The abstract should be structured as indicated in the guidelines. One figure can be included.
- The submission system will generate a temporary submission number that must be used in all correspondence. If you do not receive this number immediately after your submission by email, your abstract has not been registered.
- Choose one of the topics which best corresponds with the content of your abstract. If you find that your abstract fits two topics equally well, you can choose both.
- Choose "Poster or Oral Presentation" if you do not prefer a presentation type. Note that, in general, only the highest ranked abstracts will be selected for oral presentation. Therefore, a preference for oral presentation cannot always be accommodated. If you would be happy to present all of your accepted abstracts orally, feel free to choose "Oral Presentation" as abstract type. Only if you really prefer presentation as a poster, please choose "Poster". A preference for poster presentation will always be complied with (if the abstract is accepted).
- Please note that accepted abstracts do not entitle you to a free registration. All presentors/speakers need to register and pay the registration fee.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than mid of December 2018. Thereafter, ESCAP cannot make any changes in its printed matters.
- Please check your abstract submission and click “Submit abstract“ to complete the submission.
Guidelines for Submission of Symposia
- The chairperson has to create a user account (username and password)
- The chairperson needs to complete the online registration form including payment form
- Once the online registration has been completed, the link “Abstract Center” will appear in the chairperson’s personal congress section „My Congress”.
- Please fill in the title of the Symposium.
- Please add a co-chair and maximum of 6 speakers including their abstract titles as well as their full first name, family name, city and email address.
- Please note that only one abstract per speaker within the same symposium is allowed. Symposia which do not meet this criteria will be declined.
- Please select at least one topic. A maximum of 3 topics is permitted.
- Please add your mantelabstract text for the Symposium. 150–300 words are recommended.
- Please ensure that the mantelabstract does not contain spelling, grammar or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Submitted abstracts will not be edited in any way. If the abstract does not fulfill the necessary requirements it cannot be published.
- Please check your abstract submission and click “Submit Symposium“.
- The speakers receive a system-generated e-mail with their login data to submit their abstracts for the symposium. Please note that this may take up to a business day for them to receive this e-mail.
- Please note that an accepted symposium does not entitle you to a free registration. All presentors/speakers need to register and pay the registration fee.
- Speaker / Presenter without registration by February 12, 2019 will not be published and will lose their presentation spot.